SBI Personal Loan Eligibility Calculator
SBI is a top Indian bank that offers a range of personal loan schemes and therefore is preferred by many Indian borrowers. Their interest rate for personal loans starts from just 10.50% and the lender sanctions up to Rs.20 lakhs. However, it is important to note that the eligibility criteria for SBI personal loans vary based on the loan scheme one opts for.
SBI Personal Loan Eligibility Criteria
Here are few criteria a borrower needs to meet to get an SBI Personal Loan:
- An applicant must be a salaried employee
- An applicant must have a salary account with SBI
- An applicant must be an employee of a reputed corporate with or without relationship with the bank, a renowned educational institution, a central/state/quasi government organization or a Central PSU (Public Sector Unit) and profit-making state PSUs
- An applicant must have a net income of at least Rs.15,000 per month
- A borrower’s EMI (Equated Monthly Installment) for their personal loan should be less than 50% of their NMI (Net Monthly Income)
Eligibility for Different SBI Personal Loan Schemes
Below are the eligibility criteria for different personal loan schemes by State Bank of India.
1) SBI Xpress Bandhan
- An applicant must not have an SBI salary account
- A borrower’s minimum net monthly income should be Rs.50,000
- An applicant’s EMI/NMI ratio should be less than 50%
- The applicant should be employed with a Central/ State Government/ Defence Establishment, a Quasi-Government Body, a PSU (Public Sector Unit), a Select Rated Corporate or an Educational Institution of National Repute
2) Pre-approved Personal Loans to Salaried & Pensioners on YONO
SBI also offers pre-approved personal loans to salaried as well as pensioners via their YONO (You Only Need One) mobile app. To be eligible for this, an applicant must have a salary or pension account with SBI bank.
3) Pre-approved Personal Loans to Non-salaried (PAPL) On YONO
Self-employed professionals and self-employed non-professionals can also get a pre-approved personal loan through the SBI YONO mobile app. The eligibility for this is:
- The applicant must have a savings account with SBI with regular deposits
- The applicant’s monthly balance should be over a certain threshold
4) Pension Loan
SBI offers personal loans to retired individuals too, but the criteria for schemes depends on the applicant’s employer type. Some of the key criteria are mentioned below:
a) Central & State Government Pensioners:
- The applicant’s pension payment order should be linked to SBI and should continue to be linked to the bank throughout the course of the loan.
- The applicant’s age should be under 76.
- The applicant must get a consent in writing from their concerned treasury stating that it will not accept requests from the pensioner to transfer their pension payments to any other bank or branch until the bank issues an NOC for the same.
b) Defence Pensioner:
- The applicant must be a pensioner of the Indian Armed Forces including Navy, Army and Air Force, Coast Guards, Paramilitary Forces (CRPF, CISF, BSF, ITBP, etc.), Rashtriya Rifles and Assam Rifles
- The applicant’s maximum age at the time of submission of loan application should be less than 76.
- The applicant must have a pension account with SBI maintained in good standing.
c) For Family Pensioners:
- They should be a family member authorized to receive pension after the death of the pensioner.
- Their age should not be more than 76 years.
Eligibility Calculation for SBI Personal Loan
If you want to check your SBI personal loan eligibility, you can do with the Fincity Personal Loan Eligibility Calculator instantly. Fill in simple details like your loan amount, income, profession, and city and know how much SBI personal loan you qualify for!
Factors Impacting SBI Personal Loan Eligibility
Your eligibility for an SBI Personal Loan is influenced by a certain number of factors decided by the lender. Here are the key ones:
Age: For a regular SBI Personal Loan, one has been a minimum of 21 years of age. Salaried borrowers have to be between 21 and 58 while self-employed borrowers must be between 21 and 65. State Bank of India also offers SBI Personal Loans to pensioners.
Work Experience and Job Stability: Lenders looks into a prospective borrower’s work experience. They give more preference to applicants who are loyal towards an organization. If the chances of an individual sticking with their current organization are high, then the chances of them being able to service their personal loan are also high.
Credit Score: A high credit score is always preferred by a lender as this reflects positive credit behaviour. If the borrower has been disciplined with their previous loan repayments, then it is more likely that they will pay their personal loan EMIs on time. Lenders generally prefer a score above 700.
Employment Type: A salaried employee with a good monthly salary has a good chance getting their loan application approved. However, a self-employed individual with substantial income is also considered a good candidate for personal loan by SBI.
Monthly net income: An individual with a steady income and a good salary is a perfect candidate for an SBI Personal Loan. An applicant’s salary indicates their repayment capacity and therefore is an important factor taken into account by the lender. In fact, an applicant with a higher income is likely to get a higher amount approved by the bank.
EMI/NMI (Equated Monthly Installment/Net Monthly Income): The lower the ratio of the borrower’s equated monthly installment to their net monthly income post tax deductions, the higher the chances of their loan request being approved. With a low EMI/NMI, they may also be eligible for a higher loan amount. According to SBI, an individual’s personal loan EMI should be less than 50% of their net monthly income.
Salary Account with Bank: SBI prefers loan candidates who already have an existing relationship with the bank. Some of their scheme offerings are designed specifically for individuals holding a salary account or pension account with the bank.
Residential Status: Like most lenders, SBI prefers loan applicants who live in their house as opposed to on rent. This is primary because – without rent in the picture, the borrower has a lower FOIR (fixed obligation to income ratio) and a higher repayment capacity. They are also less likely to default on EMIs and abscond.
How Can You Improve Your SBI Personal Loan Eligibility
- Improve Your Credit Score: Check your credit score and credit report for free with Fincity. Know where you stand in terms of your credit record. A score of 700 and above that is good; if your credit score is lower than that, take the necessary steps to improve it before you apply for a personal loan with SBI. Being disciplined with your due payments and avoiding too many unsecured loans can help with improving your score. In case you need more guidance on how to improve your credit score, feel free to reach out to our experts at email@example.com.
- Reach a Good Income Level and Then Apply: Doing this can reduce the chances of your loan getting rejected. Applicants in their late 20s and 30s who earn a decent income are likely to get their loans approved fast since they are low-risk borrowers.
- Add a Co-applicant: If you have a number of debts to your name or have a low income, adding a spouse or family member as a co-applicant for the loan can increase your chances of getting a personal loan with SBI. It’s even better if the co-signer has a good salary of their own and a high credit score. The bank considers the co-applicant equally responsible in repaying the loan and therefore will be interested in offering you a personal loan.
- Pay Your Credit Card Dues & Loan EMIs on Time: Paying your dues on time will improve your payment track and increase your creditworthiness. This will definitely improve your credit score as well. An applicant who is disciplined with his credit and dues is always considered a good loan candidate by banks.
- Minimize Existing Debts: A higher debt increases your debt-to-income ratio and brings down your repayment capacity for a new loan. This, in turn, reduces your eligibility for a personal loan.
How Can You Apply for SBI Personal Loan Online
You can easily apply for an SBI Personal Loan online. Here’s how:
- Visit the SBI official website and choose the scheme you want to opt for.
- Fill in your personal, financial and professional details as required and submit the application.
- The lender will go through the information you provided and evaluate your eligibility for a personal loan.
- Once the lender informs you on the amount you may be eligible for, you may proceed with submitting all your documents online for loan processing.
- Once the documents are reviewed and the personal loan is approved, the loan amount is disbursed into your SBI account.
You can also visit an SBI bank branch directly to apply for a personal loan. Once you submit the application, you will be given a reference number. You can use this unique number to track the status of your application.