What is PMAY Gramin?
The Government of India launched the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Gramin) with an aim of ‘Housing for All’. The scheme was formulated to enable home ownership even among the nation’s economically underprivileged. This scheme aims to provide affordable housing along with basic amenities. Under the PMAY-G scheme, beneficiaries with “katcha/kaccha” houses (severely damaged houses, semi-permanent structures, huts, etc.) are provided with affordable “pucca” houses (all-weather permanent residential domiciles). The PMAY-G is also linked to other schemes for the eligible beneficiaries to ensure the house has – proper availability of toilets, electricity connection, access to drinking water, LPG gas connection and Jan Dhan Bank Facilities.
Who are the beneficiaries of PMAY-G
The prime aim of PMAY-G is to cater to the housing needs of the rural poor and providing them with proper housing infrastructure, proper drinking water, and functional sanitation facilities. This scheme aims to service these groups:
- Lower Income Group (LIG): Household with an annual income of less than Rs.3 Lakh to Rs.6 Lakh falls under this category.
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS): Households with an annual income of less than Rs.3 Lakh falls under the Economically Weaker Section.
- Middle-Income Group (MIG – I & II): Middle-Income Group (MIG- I & II) are those with a household income of Rs.6 Lakh to Rs.18 Lakh.
Features of PMAY Gramin
The key features of PMAY-G scheme are listed below:
- In most areas, Central and the State Governments share the cost of the unit/domicile/”pucca” house in a 60:40 ratio. That is – it provides Rs.1.20 Lakh for each unit (approx.).
- In the Northeastern states, Himalayan states, and the Union Territories the ratio shared is 90:10 that is – Rs. 1.30 Lakh for each unit (approx.).
- It also provides 100% of financing to the Union territories including Ladakh from the Central Government.
- The MGNREGS provide Rs.90.95 per day of unskilled labor to the beneficiaries of the scheme.
- The beneficiaries for this scheme are identified through the Socio-Economic and Caste Census (SECC) and then verified by the Gram Sabhas.
- The payment to the beneficiaries is made directly to the post office accounts or the bank accounts connected to their Aadhaar.
Subsidy scheme of PMAY-G
The beneficiaries can take up to Rs.70,000 of the loan amount from the financial institutions under this scheme. The subsidy scheme under the PMAY-G are:
- PMAY-G provides an interest subsidy of 3%
- The eligible PMAY-Gramin beneficiaries get a maximum subsidy of Rs.38,359 as the payable EMI.
- The beneficiaries also get a maximum outstanding amount subsidy of Rs.2 Lakh.
PMAY Gramin eligibility criteria
Not all home loan applicants are eligible for the PMAY scheme. The eligibility criteria for the PMAY-G are listed below:
- The beneficiaries must not own a house.
- Families with “kaccha” houses with no or one to two rooms made of kaccha walls and kaccha roof.
- Families with no literate adult (25 year or above)
- Families without a male adult member between 16 to 59 years of age.
- Families without any members aged between 16 to 59 years.
- Families with a disabled member.
- Families with an occupation of causal labors and being the major source of income.
- Families belonging from the minor community like – Scheduled Tribe, Scheduled Caste, OBCs, and other minorities.
General Documents required for registering as a beneficiary under PMAY Gramin
Beneficiaries applying for the PMAY-G will need these documents listed below:
- The Aadhaar number
- MGNREGA-registered job cards of the beneficiaries.
- Number of the Swach Bharat Mission of the beneficiaries.
- Consent documents for the beneficiaries to use their Aadhaar on their behalf.
- Details of the beneficiary’s bank accounts.
Follow the step-by-step process to add yourself as a beneficiary for the PMAY-G scheme.
- Step 1: Visit the official PMAY website here.
- Step 2: Fill in the required details like – Aadhaar number, phone number, gender, etc., and upload the consent form for using the Aadhaar on the behalf of the beneficiary.
- Step 3: Search for the Beneficiary name, priority and PMAY ID in the search bar and hit ‘Select to Register’ option.
- Step 4: the applicant will be redirected to the beneficiary’s details. Once displayed fill in the remaining details like – ownership type, relation, etc.
- Step 5: Next, add the bank account details such as – account number, name, etc., of the beneficiary, linked to the Aadhar.
- Step 6: enter the MGNREGA job card number and the Swach Bharat Mission number in the next section
- Step 7: once all the required details are filled in, submit the form for further process.
How to apply for PMAY Gramin
If you are one of the beneficiaries and want to apply for the PMAY Gramin, you can avail it through the following ways listed below. But before applying for the PMAY-G ensure to keep the documents handy:
- The Aadhaar details
- Details of the household income
- Details of the bank account of the beneficiary.
How to apply for PMAY-G online?
Follow the step-by-step process to apply for the PMAY-G online listed below:
Step 1: The first step, login to the PMAY official website.
Step 2: Select the category that is – ‘Benefits under 3 Components’ or ‘Slum Dwellers’ under the ‘Citizen Assessment’ section.
Step 3: Enter the beneficiary’s Aadhaar number and verify the Aadhaar details. Once the details are verified, fill in the form with the required details. Ensure that the information provided is crossed checked and correct to avoid rejection of the application.
Step 4: Once all the details are filled in, scroll down and enter the unique “Captcha”
Step 5: Click the submit button and complete the process.
Note: in case the details provided during the process are incorrect, the applicants can do the corrections by using their application number and the Aadhaar number.
How to apply for PMAY-G offline?
In case the beneficiary finds any difficulties filing in the application form online, they can fill the application form manually. This can be done simply by visiting the CSC (Common Service Center) or any bank listed under the PMAY scheme. The beneficiary must ask for the relevant application and pay a fee of Rs.25 plus the GST after filling the form with the required documents. Submit the application form attaching the documents listed below:
- A copy of the beneficiary’s proof of identity and a proof of address (Aadhaar card/Voter’s ID/Driving license/PAN Card, etc.)
- Proof of income (Form 16/ bank account statement/ latest ITR, etc.)
- An affidavit stating – the beneficiary or any member of the household does not own a “pucca” house
- A copy of a certificate stating the valuation of the property to be purchased
- Agreement of the construction with the builder or developer
- Copy of the approved plan of construction
- Certificate verifying the cost involved in the construction by an engineer or an architect
- Fitness certificate – of the house/structure.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the housing society.
- Copy of the advance payment receipt for the purchase (if applicable)
- Relevant property documents or allotment letter of the property
PMAYG Official Details
|Official Website||pmayg.nic.in or iay.nic.in|
|Complaints or Suggestionemail@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|State Wise Contact Person Details||PMAYG Implementation Officials|
|PMAYG Beneficiary Registration Guide||Click here to download|
|Toll Free Number||1800-11-6446 or 1800-11-8111|
|PMAY-G App||Android and iOS|
- How to get a PMAY-G home loan?
If you fall under the 3 categories of beneficiaries, you can either apply online or offline. To apply online, you can visit the official website of PMAY. If you want to apply manually, you can visit your nearest CSC (Common Service Centre).
- My household income is Rs.14 Lakh annually. Am I eligible for PMAY home loan scheme?
Yes. Beneficiaries with an house hold income of up to Rs.18 Lakhs are eligible to apply for the PMAY housing scheme.
- How to resolve queries relating to PMAY-G scheme?
You can either write an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at the toll-free number at 1800-11-6446 or 1800-11-8111 to register your complaint.
- Can I take a subsidy on my existing home loan?
PMAY subsidy can be only take for new home, so you will not be eligible to take the PMAY subsidy on our existing home loan.