What is PMAY?
PMAY- The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana implemented by the MoHUA (Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs), launched in June 2015 is an initiative taken by the Indian Government. This scheme aims to provide the urban poor (EWS, LIG, MIG, and slum dwellers)* affordable housing by the Year 2022. Home loans are available at an affordable interest rate of 6.50% p.a. for a longer repayment tenure of 20 years under this scheme.
EWS refers to people that fall under Economically Weaker Sections category.
LIG refers to people that fall under the Low Income Groups category.
MIG refers to people that fall under the Middle Income Groups category.
Features and benefits of PMAY
- PMAY offers affordable interest rate at 6.50% p.a. to the urban poor section of the societythat is the Lower Income Group/Economically Weaker Section (LIG/EWS) and Middle-Income Group (MI – I & II).
- The PMAY scheme also provides preference to the physically challenged and senior citizens by allocating homes at ground floor in addition to financing these homes.
- PMAY provides special subsidy to the all the beneficiaries – Lower Income Group/Economically Weaker Section (LIG/EWS) and Middle-Income Group (MI – I & II).
- The construction of the house is sustainable and uses eco-friendly technology.
Eligibility criteria for PMAY
Before applying for this scheme, one must fulfill the eligibility criteria listed by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs. To make your desire of owning a pucca house more convenient, listed below are the eligibility criteria for all the beneficiaries:
- Neither the applicant nor any member of his or her family can own a pucca house across any part of India to be eligible.
- The applicant must fall in the categories of – Economically Weaker Section (EWS), Lower Income Group (LIG) or Middle-Income Group (I &II) or slum dwellers.
- The family of the beneficiary must comprise of a spouse and unmarried son/daughter.
- The Middle-Income Group of the society with an annual household income of Rs.6 Lakh to Rs.18 Lakh can avail a loan of up to Rs.12 Lakh.
- The applicants under Economically Weaker Section (EWS) with an annual family income of Rs.3 Lakh or less can avail the complete assistance under the PMAY scheme.
- Individuals from the Lower Income Group (LIG) and Middle-Income Group can only avail the subsidy under the CLSS (Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme).
- Any member from the beneficiary’s family must not have taken any facilities under the Central Housing Scheme. If so, he or she will not be eligible for this scheme.
- If the applicant is married, either the individual or the spouse can avail the subsidy interest.
PMAY Application form
How to get PMAY Application form?
You can get your PMAY form online by following the below mentioned steps:
Step 1. Login to the official website of PMAY.
Step 2. Go to ‘Citizen Assessment’ and enter your details.
Step 3. Once you entered your details, click “save” and print out your form.
You can also get you PMAY application form offline.
Step 1. To get your PMAY form offline, visit your nearest Common Service Center (CSC)/Partner Bank and ask for the relevant form.
Step 2. Fill up the required details and attach your necessary documents.
Step 3. Your application will be accepted once your pay an amount of Rs.25 plus GST with the application form.
How to apply for PMAY online?
If you wish to apply online, follow the below-mentioned steps:
Step 1. Login to the official PMAY website.
Step 2. Go to the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option and choose your category – “beneficiary under three components” or “slum dwellers”
Step 4. Enter your Aadhaar details and you will be redirected to the PMAY application form.
Step 5. Fill out the form with the required details like – name, income details, personal details, etc.
Step 6. Verify the “Captcha” code provided
Step 7. click save and print the application form.
How to apply for PMAY offline?
You can also apply offline by following the steps mentioned below:
Step 1. Visit your nearest Common Service Center (CSC)
Step 2. Ask the concern officer for the relevant form
Step 3. Fill out the application form with required details like – name, personal details, bank details, income details, etc.
Step 4. Pay Rs.25 plus GST to the concern officer along with the application form.
Note: no person or private entities have been authorized by the MoHUA to collect cash or any sort of fee from any person or beneficiary under the PMAY scheme.
If you have further queries you can write to:
Mr. Raj Kumar Gautam, Director “(HFA – 5)”
(MOHUA) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Room Number 118, ‘G Wing’
New Delhi – 110011
You can reach the office by phone on:
You can also reach the officer at the following email IDs:
Guidelines while filling PMAY Application form online.
You must remember these points while applying for PMAY scheme.
- Go through the PMAY eligibility criteria thoroughly before fill out the application form.
- You must have an Aadhaar card to apply for this scheme.
- Keep all the necessary documents handy while applying for the PMAY scheme for a hassle-free application process.
Documents required for PMAY scheme
You will require the following documents to apply for the PMAY scheme:
- Proof of identity and address (voter ID, Aadhaar card, PAN card, etc.)
- Proof of income (Salary slip, bank statement, Form 16, ITR, etc.)
- Approved plan of the building to be constructed.
- Applicant’s proof of belonging to a minority group, lower income group and economically weaker section.
- Valuation certificate
- Allotment letter
- How long will it take to get my application approved?
It usually takes 3 to 4 months to get the loan approved after the government verifies your documents.
- How can I apply for PMAY scheme offline?
You can apply for PMAY scheme offline by visiting your nearest Common Service Center (CSC) and ask the concerned officer for the PMAY application form.
- What is the document required for PMAY scheme?
Listed below are the documents required for applying the PMAY scheme:
- Proof of identity
- Proof of address
- Approved plan of the building to be construction
- Valuation certificate of your property
- Allotment letter.
- Certificate or proof of minority community.
- Who are the beneficiaries of the PMAY scheme?
The beneficiaries must belong from the categories of Economically Weaker Section (EWS) or Lower Income Group (LIG) and Middle-Income Group (I &II) or slum dwellers.